2023 / 24|
The Cyclists of Stamford
TCOS Membership 2023/24
Join us for Fun, Fitness and Camaraderie. This is where you purchase your annual TCOS membership If you are new to TCOS you are welcome to join us as a guest for up to 3 rides before becoming a member.
Time & Location
2023 / 24
The Cyclists of Stamford
About the Event
In addition to organised rides, TCOS members can benefit from the following:
- A range of discounts and benefits from Jensen Security & Fire systems www.jensensecurity.co.uk (Club Sponsor)
- 10% off a new bike from The Cyclists Studio www.thecyclistsstudio.com (Club Sponsor)
- 10% off at Richardsons Cycles
- British Cycling Membership discounts
- Corporate Membership prices at Equilibrium Gym & Fitness, Ketton www.equilibrium.fit
- Velforte sports nutrition products www.veloforte.com
We support local businesses, as well as a number of local charities and the savings members can gain from the above can amount to much more than the annual cost of TCOS Membership.
From time to time we would like to send Promotional / Marketing communications to members that relate to the businesses we are working with, supporting them will mean they continue to support TCOS. You have an option to opt in/or out when completing the annual membership form.
New to TCOS: The 'Join' page of the website provides a headline summary and an initial 'Sign up' form for Guests to complete. This needs to be completed prior to joining a ride. After 3 rides (or sooner if you are ready to join) , Guests will be required to become a Member.
Membership / Membership renewal: We ask you to complete and submit a TCOS Registration form as part of the membership process (so we have the information needed to deliver the right member experience) and to purchase an Annual membership ticket via the 'Upcoming rides' section on the TCOS website Home page (URL below).
When you ride with us...
Our T&C's are on the website (URL below) and we encourage everyone who rides with us to read them. One aspect relates to our 'Ride protocols' and we ask that you read these before joining. Our ride leads can answer any questions you may have or you can contact us via the website.
The TCOS cycling community always looks out for each other but being self sufficient in terms of dealing with the basics is actively encouraged for Guests and Members. The essentials are:
- A helmet, road worthy bike and suitable clothing for the conditions.
- Tools to repair punctures (including a spare inner tube).
- Enough food and drink to refuel and hydrate during the ride.
- Lights if there is a reasonable probability they will be needed.
- A clear head and good health.
If the ride Lead / Captain does not feel it is safe / appropriate for someone to ride, they have the authority to ask a Member or Guest not to participate.
We will endeavour to ensure Members and Guest riders are safe and cared for to the best of our abilities, please note:
- Should an incident or situation arise that means a rider requires medical attention, we will follow our defined protocols (available on request from the Committee) and if necessary use the emergency contact information provided in the annual membership form.
- Where a rider has advised us of a pre-existing condition, our ride Leaders / Captains or a qualified First aider (usually the same person) will be made aware.
- Only specified ride Leaders / Captains are covered by the Clubs insurance policy i.e. all other Members and Guests will need to consider their insurance requirements, in particular liability cover and are encouraged to ensure they have cover in place. This URL to the British Cycling website provides details of their individual Membership levels, including insurance cover, with a discount for TCOS members. https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/clubs/membership
We do not accept any liability or responsibility beyond this and by becoming a member you are confirming your understanding and acceptance of the above.
- Ticket type
2022/23 TCOS MembershipPrice£30.00